Year 7 - Welcome Evening
4 October 2022
As we approach the end of your child’s first half term, we are pleased to share that year 7 pupils have settled in well and are impacting positively within the Academy;
- The Year 7 Football team won their first County Cup Football match 4-3 and are moving on to the next round – a fantastic start!
- We were inundated with pupils wishing t volunteer at our Year 6 Open evening. Parents/carers commented that the Year 7 ambassadors were happy and confident pupils.
- Pupils are demonstrating that they are adapting to their new environment, by already achieving 304987 positive points since September, which is simply outstanding.
There is a Progress evening for parents and carers scheduled for 12th or 19th December, (dependant on whether your child is in x or y band) and we will communicate details nearer the time.
However, we appreciate that parents and carers also need to adapt and ask questions about arrangements and processes within the Academy, we would like to invite you to a Year 7 Welcome evening on Monday 10th October 4-5.30pm.
The evening will include a short presentation from the Principal, Mr Smith followed by a series of workshops that you can opt in to attend on the evening:
- Accessing and Navigating Classcharts – where positive and negative behaviour points are logged for each child, this is also how we communicate with you regarding your childs behaviour.
- SAM Learning and Microsoft Teams – our platforms for setting Homework and communicating with your child.
- Maths website – used extensively in the Maths department to support your child’s learning.
- ParentPay – how to access and top up dinner money and pay for trips. Please note we are a cashless school.
- How to apply for Free School Meals and Uniform Assistance.
There will also be opportunities to speak to:
Principal - Mr Rob Smith
Campus Principal - Mrs Julie Bigwood
Assistant Principal i/c Pastoral - Mr Belinfante
Head of Year 7 - Mr Bainbridge
Deputy Head of Year 7 - Mrs Flower
SENDCO and Deputy SENDCO - Mrs Scott and Ms Mulvany
Please note: teaching staff will not be available, but will be present at the Year 7 Progress Evenings scheduled in December.
We look forward to seeing you on Monday.
Mrs J Bigwood